SHELLY ELECTED IDP VETERANS CAUCUS STATE CHAIR
Michelle Servadio Elias was elected Chairwoman of the Iowa Democratic Veterans’ Caucus (IDVC) on Saturday, July 11. She is the first woman to serve as State Chair of the IDVC. She first served in that role in 2016 and was elected again to serve on the Iowa Democratic Party State Central Committee from 2020-2022.
Shelly has been a tireless advocate for veterans’ issues in Iowa.
- In 2017 she wrote a bill and worked with Iowa House Rep. Brian Meyer, D-Des Moines to introduce the Veterans in Crisis Care Act. The essence and language of the bill caught the attention of the Iowa Hospital Association which in turn adopted it into administrative practice.
- When the Iowa Veterans Home announced in 2017 it was closing its Heinze Hall residence hall, Shelly rallied veterans and Iowa legislators to ensure Iowa’s veterans and their spouses received the continuum of care they deserve.
- In 2020, she worked to have PTSD added as a covered condition to the Iowa Medical Cannabis Act.
As Chairwoman of the IDVC Shelly will continue to fight for Veteran’s rights and needs at the Capitol. Being elected to this state-wide position demonstrates the strength of Shelly’s candidacy for Muscatine County Supervisor.
SHELLY ON THE RADIO WITH AMY IN THE AM
Muscatine County Supervisor Candidate Michelle Servadio Elias ‘Shelly’ was on the Moving Forward Radio Show with Amy in the AM on KWPC AM-860 – The Voice of Muscatine on Monday, July 13. Shelly spoke with Amy about the progress of her campaign and the issues facing Muscatine County. Women’s reproductive healthcare, public health funding needs due to the COVID-19 pandemic, veterans needs and economic development issues were topics discussed. Find a link to the entire interview on shellyforsupervisor.com/media
ENDORSEMENTS OF SUPPORT FOR SHELLY
The Shelly for Supervisor campaign has received endorsements of support from:
- Quad City Federation of Labor
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Muscatine Chapter